From the week commencing 4th September 2017, we along with all other Runcorn practices will only accept repeat prescription requests from you, your carer or a family member/friend - NOT from your pharmacy.
What is not changing?
- If you already order repeat prescriptions directly with this practice, this change will not affect you.
- Pharmacies that already collect prescriptions from GP practices will continue to do so.
- Pharmacies that deliver medications to your door will continue to do so.
- A this time these changes do not affect patients who currently receive their medication in blister packs or prescriptions ordered via appliance contractors e.g. for specialist feeds, storms and continence appliances.
What do I need to do?
Your pharmacy will NOT be able to order your prescription on your behalf from September 2017. If you currently order via your pharmacy as mentioned above you will need to arrange for your prescription to be ordered using one of the following options:
- Patient Access Online - You can order your prescriptions on-line on your desktop, laptop or mobile. If you are not already registered for on-line access, we at the practice can help you set this up. You will need to present two forms of identification, including photo ID (e.g. your driving license or passport) to us in order to set this up. Once registered, you can also order your medication via the Patient Access Mobile App. This is a free app available on Android & IOS that can be downloaded from the app store by searching 'Patient Access'.
- Drop off or post the tick slip - This is the right-hand side of your prescription, selecting only the items you need. If you don't have your slip, please put request in writing, listing the medications you require.
Unfortunately we are unable to take prescription requests over the phone. To avoid disappointment, please do not ring the practice to request your repeat prescription.
Remember to allow enough time when ordering your repeat prescription for those items that you need. You should order when you have 7 to 10 days of medicines left so that your prescription is ready to collect at the Practice or at your nominated Pharmacy.
What will the practice do?
We will work with you to try and make it as convenient as possible to order you r prescription using the method that suits you best.
- We can help you to set up on-line ordering
- Where possible, and at your request, we can forward your prescription to your preferred Pharmacy.
Who to contact if you need support
If you feel you might need support ordering your repeat prescription or you are a carer for someone who might need help, please contact, NHS Halton CCGs PALS (Patient Advice and Liason Service) via:
- Telephone on: (Freephone) 0800 218 2333
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or post: PALS (NHS)
Bevan House, 3rd Floor
65 Stephenson Way
Please also remember we no longer provide a 'same day' prescription service. The turnaround times are as follows:
- Order Monday - Ready after 4pm Wednesday
- Order Tuesday - Ready after 4pm Thursday
- Order Wednesday - Ready after 4pm Friday
- Order Thursday - Ready after 4pm Monday
- Order Friday - Ready after 4pm Tuesday
- Order Saturday - Ready after 4pm Wednesday
These changes have been made to allow doctors to safely ensure all items are ordered in the correct time frame. Please order your medication when you have 10 days supply left. This will ensure you do not run out of any medication.
Please note that all repeat medication is authorised by your GP but only for a specified number of issues. The receptionist will advise you if you need to see your GP to have your prescription re-authorised/issued.